“La Jetée” (1962) is a short sci-fi feature directed by filmmaker, poet, novelist, photographer, editor, videographer and digital multimedia artist Chris Marker. Comprised entirely of narration over still photos (except for one crucial scene), La Jetée tells the story of a post-nuclear war time travel experiment and is considered one of the most influential and radical science-fiction films ever made (directly inspiring Terry Gilliam’s “12 Monkeys”).
- Follow Desultory Heroics on WordPress.com
Shop Cascadia Vape
Featured PodcastsThe Higherside Chats 04.24.17Director Massimo Mazzucco discussed marijuana, moon landings, and the cancer conspiracy CounterPunch Radio 04.24.17 David Swanson on the continuation of Bush-Obama policies of war and imperialism through Trump
Dennis Cambly on The West Is Becoming Irrelevan… Dennis Cambly on The West Is Becoming Irrelevan… truthman_2012 on The Continuing Decline of… Hillary Clinton Verb… on Pizzagate Update 11/22: Does N… newsspellcom.org on Our Hopelessly Dysfunctional…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Joni Mitchell on Morgellons Disease
- The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
- Terence McKenna’s Disillusioned Perspective on Mass-Consumerist Culture
- Fuck Work
- Pizzagate Update 11/22: Does Norway Pedo Ring Bust Have Clinton Connections?
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy of 2016 Election
- Thinking Dangerously in the Age of Normalized Ignorance
- BREAKING: Benghazi Documents FINALLY Found – Hidden In Hillary’s Deleted Email File