“Mr. Freedom” (1969) is a surreal polemic directed by William Klein skewering patriotism, imperialism and cold war scare-mongering by chronicling the idiotic exploits of an all-American superhero. What it lacks in plot and subtle acting it makes up for in audacious visuals and sadly still relevant yet deserving political jabs. The film is also notable for it’s soundtrack and cameo appearance by the great Serge Gainsbourg.
- Follow Desultory Heroics on WordPress.com
Progressive Commentary Hour 08.16.17
Charles Ortel on the Clinton Foundation’s fundraising practices, its allies and associates, its so-called charitable interests, and its political and corporate connections both in Washington and overseas
Project Censored 08.15.17
Authors Peter Dale Scott and David Talbot on the Deep State
Luther Blissett on 3 Signs You Might Be a Pawn of… Peter Schreiner on 3 Signs You Might Be a Pawn of… philstanfield on On The Beach 2017 astyages on On The Beach 2017 newsspellcom.org on You Cannot Trap the ‘Mag…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Joni Mitchell on Morgellons Disease
- Pizzagate Update 11/22: Does Norway Pedo Ring Bust Have Clinton Connections?
- The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
- Terence McKenna’s Disillusioned Perspective on Mass-Consumerist Culture
- Four Kinds of Dystopia
- Fuck Work
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy of 2016 Election
- Your Awakening Counts More Than Your Vote