“Mr. Freedom” (1969) is a surreal polemic directed by William Klein skewering patriotism, imperialism and cold war scare-mongering by chronicling the idiotic exploits of an all-American superhero. What it lacks in plot and subtle acting it makes up for in audacious visuals and sadly still relevant yet deserving political jabs. The film is also notable for it’s soundtrack and cameo appearance by the great Serge Gainsbourg.
- Follow Desultory Heroics on WordPress.com
Expanding Mind 03.16.18
James Romm on Seneca, mortality, suicide and Stoicism
Progressive Commentary Hour 03.07.18
Dave Lindorff summarizes how the US has interfered in foreign elections (including Russia’s), and how paid US-government “trolls” attack alternative-media sites
Media Roots Radio 03.02.18
The Most Perilous Ti… on The most perilous time in worl… truthman_2012 on The Singular Pursuit of Comrad… jandvig on The political logic of the jun… Peter Schreiner on The political logic of the jun… truthman_2012 on On Track for Extinction: Can H…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Joni Mitchell on Morgellons Disease
- The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
- Pizzagate Update 11/22: Does Norway Pedo Ring Bust Have Clinton Connections?
- Terence McKenna’s Disillusioned Perspective on Mass-Consumerist Culture
- Four Kinds of Dystopia
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy of 2016 Election
- Fuck Work
- The Rise of the Corporatocracy