By Stephen Lendman
Last weekend, a Biden regime delegation met with
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and other Bolivarian officials in Caracas.
The aim of the first diplomatic contact between both nations since the Trump regime closed the US Caracas embassy in 2019, officially broke with Venezuela’s legitimate government, and illegally designed Juan Guido as president flopped.
Hegemon USA has been a mortal enemy of Bolivarian social democracy since Hugo Chavez took office as president in February 1999, following his December 1998 election — a near-generation ago.
Count the ways.
1. The aborted two-day April 2002 attempt to oust Chavez. Failure to get Venezuelan military support and popular resistance foiled it.
2. The 2002 – 03 general strike and oil management lockout, causing severe economic disruption and billions of dollars in losses.
3. The August 2004 national recall referendum, Hugo Chavez winning overwhelmingly with a 59% majority, thwarting the US-orchestrated attempt to remove him.
4. US sanctions war on Venezuela, begun by the Bush/Cheney regime in 2006 — for so-called non-cooperation in combatting international terrorism that hegemon USA fosters.
War on the Bolivarian Republic by other means continued under the Obama/Biden regime.
Greatly escalated by Trump regime hardliners, high-level Venezuelan officials and the country’s enterprises were targeted.
US policy tried to block Venezuelan access to financial markets, as well as maximally reduce its oil exports.
Annually since 2006, the State Department falsely accused Venezuela of not “cooperating fully with US anti-terrorism efforts” – pursuant to Section 40A of the Arms Export Control Act (22 USC 2781).
5. In 2005, the Bush/Cheney regime falsely accused the Bolivarian Republic of non-cooperation against narco-trafficking that the US actively supports worldwide, notably the CIA.
Annually since then, Washington falsely claimed Venezuela hadn’t fulfilled its obligations under international narcotics agreements.
6. In 2008, the Bush/Cheney regime imposed asset freezes and prohibitions on financial transactions, targeting designated Venezuelan nationals and enterprises.
7. The Obama/Biden regime killed Hugo Chavez.
US dark forces poisoned or infected him with deadly cancer causing substances, a coup by other means, eliminating him — while Chavismo has remained resilient.
8. The Obama/Biden regime’s March 2015 executive order falsely declared Venezuela to be an “unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the US.”
At the time, a fake ‘national emergency’ was declared to “confront” a nonexistent threat.
9. Violent made-in-the-USA street protests staged to destabilize the country with regime change in mind were responsible for scores of deaths and hundreds of injuries.
10. The August 2017 CIA-orchestrated terrorist attack on Fort Paramacay in Carabobo state was another foiled coup attempt.
11. The August 2018 attack on Maduro by drones armed with C-4 explosives attempted to kill him.
12. Trump regime hardliners waged war on Venezuela by other means, including propaganda, economic, financial, and electricity war, along with other attacks on the country’s infrastructure.
The aim was to inflict maximum harm on ordinary Venezuelans, falsely believing they’d blame Maduro for US criminal actions.
Chavez knew that the US marked him for elimination. Fidel Castro warned him to be wary and careful.
Maduro is targeted in similar fashion. He and other senior Venezuelan officials remain vulnerable to removal by coup d’etat or assassination.
It’s just a matter of time before another regime change attempt occurs — to replace Venezuelan social democracy with US-controlled fascist tyranny.
Biden regime officials showing up in Caracas last weekend made unacceptable demands.
Reportedly they unacceptably called for a new presidential election.
There’s none scheduled until 2024 for a six-year term beginning on January 10, 2025.
In 2018, Maduro won another six-year term overwhelmingly by a two-thirds majority.
His main adversary, Chavista turncoat Henri Falcon, fared much poorer than predicted with around 21% of the vote.
Other unacceptable Biden regime demands reportedly included the following:
Greater US/Western foreign private investment in Venezuela — mainly for maximum control of the country’s vast oil reserves, the world’s largest, including its heavy oil.
Maduro splitting from Russia by siding with the US-dominated West against Vladimir Putin’s demilitarization and deNazification of Ukraine.
In return, Biden regime official offered hollow promises to be breached at hegemon USA’s discretion.
Maduro and Vice President Delcy Rodriguez demanded sanctions relief and return of confiscated Venezuelan assets, mainly oil related.
For most of the past 23 years, US regimes waged war on Venezuela by other means — because of its independence and democratic governance the way it should be.
Venezuelans have the real thing — in stark contrast to fantasy versions throughout the West.
Russia is a valued Venezuelan ally.
According to Russia’s Foreign Ministry, Vladimir Putin and Maduro spoke by phone last week.
Venezuela’s leader expressed “firm support” for the Russian Federation.
Condemning US-dominated NATO’s destabilization activities, Maduro stressed his intention to maintain political and economic relations with Russia.
Well although the US doesn’t have the greatest foreign policy track record. It does have individual liberties protected by its constitution.
These other places don’t. The actual democratic constitutional republic of the United States of America trump’s all the others.
(Pun intended) People not politics. The free individual will not be daunted.
Let’s Go Brandon!