“Journey to the West” (2013) is writer/director Stephen Chow and Derek Kwok’s film adaptation of the classic 16th century Chinese novel of the same name. It chronicles the portion of the story in which young monk Xuan Zang (Zhang Wen) protects a village from three demons with the help of demon hunter Miss Duan (Qi Shu) and has his first encounter with the Monkey King (Bo Huang). Like Stephen Chow’s other blockbusters Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, Journey to the West features delightfully over-the-top performances and slapstick sensibility, but unlike previous works it also contains a spiritual message about redemption, sacrifice and enlightenment.
- Follow Desultory Heroics on WordPress.com
The Higherside Chats 10.20.17
Chris Knowles on Song To The Siren, Invoked Entities, & Rebuilding Babylon
Guns and Butter 10.18.17
Douglas Valentine on the deep state as fake news
C-Realm Radio 10.17.17
Host KMO shares his personal narrative with Adam and Sara of the Greening the Apocalypse radio show
Lara/Trace on The Vegas shooter, general avi… newsspellcom.org on The Vegas shooter, general avi… Luther Blissett on The Vegas shooter, general avi… Lara/Trace on The Vegas shooter, general avi… cucumberlodge on The Vegas shooter, general avi…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Joni Mitchell on Morgellons Disease
- The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
- Terence McKenna’s Disillusioned Perspective on Mass-Consumerist Culture
- Pizzagate Update 11/22: Does Norway Pedo Ring Bust Have Clinton Connections?
- Four Kinds of Dystopia
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy of 2016 Election
- Fuck Work
- The Rise of the Corporatocracy
- BREAKING: Benghazi Documents FINALLY Found – Hidden In Hillary’s Deleted Email File