“Journey to the West” (2013) is writer/director Stephen Chow and Derek Kwok’s film adaptation of the classic 16th century Chinese novel of the same name. It chronicles the portion of the story in which young monk Xuan Zang (Zhang Wen) protects a village from three demons with the help of demon hunter Miss Duan (Qi Shu) and has his first encounter with the Monkey King (Bo Huang). Like Stephen Chow’s other blockbusters Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer, Journey to the West features delightfully over-the-top performances and slapstick sensibility, but unlike previous works it also contains a spiritual message about redemption, sacrifice and enlightenment.
- Follow Desultory Heroics on WordPress.com
Media Roots Radio 01.10.18
The Free Zone 01.06.18
Michael Joseph on A.I. & The Illuminati
The Higherside Chats 12.28.17
Dr. Colin Ross on MK ULTRA: Mind Control, Psychiatry, & The CIA
Luther Blissett on The Cost of Resistance truthman_2012 on The Cost of Resistance truthman_2012 on Governments and corporations e… Putting an End to th… on Putting an End to the Rent… newsspellcom.org on Governments and corporations e…
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Joni Mitchell on Morgellons Disease
- The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?
- Terence McKenna’s Disillusioned Perspective on Mass-Consumerist Culture
- Pizzagate Update 11/22: Does Norway Pedo Ring Bust Have Clinton Connections?
- Media Worried Too Many Americans Will Question Legitimacy of 2016 Election
- Four Kinds of Dystopia
- Fuck Work
- Your Awakening Counts More Than Your Vote
- BREAKING: Benghazi Documents FINALLY Found – Hidden In Hillary’s Deleted Email File