- Follow Desultory Heroics on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Those ‘Dam’ Russians… Now They’re Flooding Themselves for Propaganda!
- Two for Tuesday
- EU’s Voluntary Disinformation Code Is Compulsory: Obey or Die
- America’s Addiction to War Comes with a 15 Trillion Dollar Price Tag
- Bono Is Doing Illustrations For The Atlantic Now, Because Everything’s Fake And Stupid
- Saturday Matinee: Acción Mutante
- US Empire of Debt Headed for Collapse
Tag Archives: Miramax
CEOs should have been the fall guys; why are they still heroes?
Posted on November 7, 2018 by Luther Blissett
By Carl Rhodes Source: aeon On 15 September 2008, the giant financial services firm Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy, starting a chain reaction that saw the global economy spiralling toward total collapse. The global financial crisis that ensued revealed just … Continue reading →
Posted in Authoritarianism, conditioning, Corporate Crime, culture, education, elites, Financial Crisis, History, Inequality, Neoliberalism, Oligarchy, Psychology, Recession, Social Control, Social Engineering, society, Sociology | Tagged Amazon, Apple, Authoritarian, capitalism, CEO Salary, Donald Trump, economic inequality, Elon Musk, Facebook, financial crisis, Harvey Weinstein, Jamie Dimon, Jeff Bezos, JPMorgan Chase, Mark Zuckerberg, Martin Shkreli, Miramax, Neoliberalism, recession, Stock Market Crash, Tim Cook, Turing Pharmaceuticals, wall street | Leave a comment